About the Auction
The 2016 Great TV Auction is Friday, April 29th – Saturday, May 7th.
The MPTV Great TV Auction is a Milwaukee tradition! It is a unique on-air fundraising event which airs live on Milwaukee Public Television Channel 10 to Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. New merchandise, certificates, services, art, antiques and collectibles are auctioned off to viewers who bid both by telephone and via the internet.
The Auction is also an excellent opportunity for companies, corporations, small businesses and individuals to garner valuable television exposure with our loyal Public Broadcasting audience and devoted Auction fans.
The money the Auction raises is used to purchase quality programming and maintain equipment for Milwaukee Public Television. The majority of funding for Milwaukee Public Television comes from community support.
The MPTV Auction facts at a glance:
- premiered in 1969 with a goal of raising $50,000 with a volunteer base of 250
- presently raises in excess of $1,000,000 with a volunteer base of 3,000
- supports 10 minutes of every hour of programming on Milwaukee Public Television
- reaches an 11 county viewing area across Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois
- made up of 3,500 volunteers, 6,000 donors and supporters, and countless buyers
- leads the nation’s PBS auctions in prime-time viewer ratings
- is the #1 PBS Auction in the nation, based on net revenue
- has won five PBS awards for fundraising excellence
- features art and antiques in a public exhibit and on-air